To provide our students with the highest quality experiential education opportunities which allows for the continuous and seamless translation of didactically acquired knowledge to patient centered care. The Office of Experiential Education will ensure that the experiential opportunities support the tenets of the Sullivan University College of Pharmacy Mission Statement. These guiding principles include community service, ethical and empathetic care, continued commitment to life long learning for students and Clinical Preceptor Faculty and to prepare our students to be involved and exemplary general practitioners. The Department will also strive to maintain the highest level of competency in our Clinical Faculty Preceptors through assessment and various educational training opportunities and programs.
- In cooperation with the Department of Assessment operate and maintain a standards and outcome driven assessment program for APPE.
- Develop and foster to the degree possible an atmosphere of cooperation and collaboration with neighboring Colleges of Pharmacy.
- Develop a program of clinical education and support for clinical preceptor faculty.
- Integrate to the extent possible clinical preceptor faculty and full time faculty within the college of pharmacy.
- Provide a diverse and culturally rich environment for experiential education. Continue to expand the number of highly qualified clinical faculty preceptors.
- Develop and maintain regional hubs as Centers for Clinical Education and Experiential Excellence
- Experiential excellence in teaching, learning and patient care
- Integrity and honor
- Accountability and responsibility to our patients, colleagues and profession
- Respect for all individuals
- Selfless service to our patients, profession and community
- Personal and professional courage
- Empathic and ethical patient care