Certificate in Hospitality Management
Master the skills you need to effectively manage in the hospitality industry.
This certificate program will help you master key management principles, including those specific to the hospitality industry, such as behavioral sciences, hospitality management processes, resources, and organizational structures.
Your online Sullivan University courses will help you gain an understanding of service delivery systems for the hospitality industry with emphasis on implementing customer-driven, top-down, policy-oriented quality service programs.
Through on-campus Dale Carnegie Training courses, you’ll gain critical leadership skills, from creating a powerful vision to empowering people. Employing Dale Carnegie Training’s proven principles of success in every session, you’ll learn how to take intelligent risks, delegate, gain cooperation, recognize success, and define performance in ways that increase accountability. You’ll also learn to strengthen interpersonal relationships, manage stress and handle fast-changing workplace conditions. You’ll be better equipped to perform as a persuasive communicator, problem-solver and focused leader. And you’ll develop a take-charge attitude fueled by genuine confidence and enthusiasm.
This unique collaboration between Sullivan University and Dale Carnegie Training can help you master the practical skills and knowledge you need to succeed in today’s challenging business environment.
Find out more by calling (502) 413-8870
Choose from these certificates:
- Certificate in Conflict Management
- Certificate in Construction Management
- Certificate in Healthcare Management
- Certificate in Hospitality Management
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in IT Management
- Certificate in IT Sales Management
- Certificate in Justice & Public Safety Management
- Certificate in Leadership
- Certificate in Management
- Certificate in Professional Sales
- Certificate in Sales & Small Business Management
- Certificate in Sales Management
- Certificate in Small Business Management
You will know:
- How to analyze service delivery systems for the hospitality industry, with emphasis on implementing consumer-driven, top-down, policy-oriented quality service programs
- Why traditional management theories don't fit today's hospitality industry
- How a company's service strategy relates to guests' perceptions of value and critical moments of truth
- The possible outcomes of decentralization and employee empowerment on an organization
- Why team-building is a high priority for many hospitality organizations
- Understand the forces of management strategy in perspectives, selections and market positioning
- Have the ability to analyze, discuss and provide working examples of hospitality growth strategies, business development strategies, brand strategies and management
- Understand Revenue Development (offensive) Strategies in the industry
- Have a working knowledge of marketing strategies, including price assessment, positioning assessment, sales strategies, and customer service
- Have an understanding of functional managerial strategies
- Understand Defensive Business Preservation strategies
- Have a basic understanding of environmental, governmental and consumer issues impacting the hospitality industry
- DCA 301 The Dale Carnegie Course
- DCA 302 Leadership Training for Managers
- HMS 304 Principles of Hospitality Management
- HMS 321 Quality Service Management in the Hospitality Industry
- MGT 475 Specialized Case Studies